Friday, March 18, 2011

Burial and Funeral Expenses Can Kick Your Butt

I'm so worried about burial and funeral expenses - it's one thing that really makes me nervous, because, it can be so expensive. My friend and I were discussing it last night and I think she must think I'm crazy. I told her I'd like to buried right in the dirt. Just me. No box. No funeral home - nada. Kind of like that girl on the TV show, Six Feet Under. It is, however, illegal...so I don't think that will be happening.

When you lose someone near and dear to you, it is such a highly emotional time. Having to worry about covering the cost of the burial and the funeral and everything involved can add way too much stress onto an already difficult time. So planning ahead and getting burial insurance might be the best way to go, to lighten the load on your loved ones.

Another thing we all think about is life insurance and leaving bills behind, etc., for our loved ones to have to take care of in the event of our death. There are companies that will even provide life insurance for senior citizens. So if you are older and still need to get life insurance, you might be able to get some.

Funerals are just so darned expensive these days! It's really crazy! They can be between $5,000 and $10,000. And that is why I think it's a great idea to consider insurance and burial insurance for seniors is available through different companies - and most of them do not require a physical before the policy is activated.

So it's definitely something to think about. I'm a weird one and it's been on my mind for a number of years, probably at a younger age than it is on most people's minds. I just saw how expensive and stressful it was and began thinking of other ways the whole process could be handled.

No comments: