Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Cali Lewis Reviews The Chrome Cr-48

Have you heard that Google has come out with their own ...um... machine? There really is nothing like it out there at all. So what exactly to call it is kind of tricky to figure out. It is basically a small laptop that is cloud-based ONLY. When you log in, you are logging into your Google account.

Here's Cali's take on it so far:


So the machine is ALL INTERNET. And that's it. If you want to, say, save a document - you are going to do so in Google Docs. In the cloud. Same with pictures, and everything else.

Want to type a report? Create a spreadsheet? Anything you do will be done in the cloud, via Google.

Definitely an interesting concept, if you ask me. Will be interesting to see how far it goes - in terms of users and popularity. This could be a great machine for someone totally new to computers, I think. I mean, I think I'd like it too, but, I don't think I could depend on it as my sole machine. I really am liking the sound of it, though.

2 comments:

Someone Help Me said...

I actually signed up to get one of these, but it never came, sniff sniff. But that's a good review, very casual, liked it. The cloud is gonna be so big!

Unknown said...

I signed up, as well, but, I signed up way too late and I just don't have the audience they are looking for on any of my blogs, I imagine. Bummer.

I really liked Cali's review, too!