Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I'd love to win this Free Raleigh, NC Getaway!

Ever since I moved to Alabama, I keep hearing about North Carolina and it just sounds so beautiful! I've even made some lovely blogging friends that live there! And now I've just heard about this contest to win a FREE Raleigh Getaway. Quoting from the site, this is all that you get if you win:
* One night accommodations for two at the Courtyard by Marriott Raleigh Crabtree Valley
* $25 gift certificate to Bloomsbury Bistro
* Free VIP admission for two to Rum Runners
* 2 tickets to the North Carolina Theatre
* 2 tickets to the N.C. Museum of Art's Landscapes from the Age of Impressionism
* 2 tickets to Dinosaurs: Ancient Fossils, New Discoveries at the N.C.
Museum of Natural Sciences

I don't know about you, but, that sounds like a lot of fun to me! But there is even so much more than just that to do in Raleigh! There is an Autumn Arts Festival downtown that sounds like a lot of fun, with music, food, and arts and crafts from local craftsmen. Also, there is the North Carolina State Fair, with all kinds of games, side shows, rides, and tons of food! And while at the fair, you could see Trace Adkins in Concert - that would definitely be awesome!

I am definitely signing up to see if I can win this trip - it would be so wonderful for my husband and I to have a Fall Getaway, just the two of us! I'd say - after fifteen years of marriage, we're due, don't you think?

It looks like the fall colors in Raleigh are just absolutely beautiful and that would be so nice to experience, but, even better than that - is the theater! There are tons of shows in Raleigh! They have Mamma Mia! coming up and that looks like it would be really good - it might be hard to drag Mark there, as it's a musical. People who just shut their eyes and ears to great theater, just because 'it's a musical' - are so silly! They are really missing out on a lot! And Tyler Perry's What's Done In the Dark sounds intriguing. I can't tell if that one is a musical or not. I'll have to do some more research on that.

Anyway, this sounds like a fantastic trip - I'd love to win it!

No comments: