Monday, June 11, 2007

Blogging in Texas

Or maybe I should more accurately say, 'not blogging in Texas'. Well, anyway, here I am in my hometown, Dallas - with my family, and it has been a hectic visit, although a really good one. And none of us want to leave, and my family doesn't want us to leave, and the kids' friends don't want them to leave - but, Mark is thinking we should leave Saturday! NOOOOO!
I'm Going To Stay Here

But it definitely has been a little chaotic! The kids and I have been be-bopping around from my mom's house, to my dad's house, to my brother's house, the kids have even stayed at their friend's houses - and for an entire week, Mark wasn't even here with us! He went down near Houston for some work. And also, for the same week that Mark was gone, my other brother and his clan came to Dallas to see us from Pueblo. How unbelievably unfortunate that was, that the schedules flubbed up like that. We rarely get to see my other brother, and he has two precious little baby girls. They are 3 and 4, and the last time we saw them was for Christmas 2004. Munchkins change so very much at those young ages, so it was an absolute treat to get to see them, and so very sad that Mark missed it. Especially now that we actually live 24 hours from them (by car)!!!

And I just haven't been able to get online as much as I thought I would've. I did have an internet connection at my mom's house for a couple of days, but then her connection went wacky on me, and now she has no connection at all! She is switching services completely, because she has had so much bad luck with that other one. We were laughing about how even though we had three telephone lines (both of our cells and her landline) TV, newspaper, radio - we felt completely disconnected from the world without internet!
Computer Not Working

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's always weird to be home with the family. I'm glad you've been having a good time despite all the confusion and house-hopping.

I tagged you for a meme which I'll link in my thing, hopefully.

Get to it when you can, though. I'm sure you'll be busy-busy when you guys first get back home too!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Cat!! I'll try to remember to get to it...I must admit I've been bad about meme's lately. I do love them, though! :)