Thursday, May 31, 2007

Snuffy! I'll save you!

I've been meaning to post this for a while now, and just keep not getting to it. My blogging buddy, Colleen, posted a crazy dream she had, and she wanted others to participate and post their crazy dreams, as well. And well, I love this dream and I love telling people about this dream - so it basically gave me permission to tell the story one more time! (Without my kids saying, "We know, Mom, you told us that before!" HA!) So - even though, I'm incredibly late on it, do you think I'm going to pass up this opportunity? No way!

Ok, so those of you who do watch/have watched/did watch Sesame Street - you know who Snuffalupagus is, right?
Yep! He's the one! Isn't he a cutie? I just love Snuffy! Ok, well, anyway - in my dream, they were writing him out of the show. Only there was no one to take him and nowhere for him to go, so they were just going to have him put to sleep!

AHHH!! Poor Snuffy!!! So a friend and I set out to set him free. He was in his little fence, right outside the front steps of Gloria's apartment. (I know, I know, he's supposed to be in the courtyard - dreams are crazy like that!) And I climbed up on the top of the fence and we were working out how to get the gate opened up. We finally figured it out, and opened the gate, and called Snuffy out with us. We were just running off down the street .... when the dream ended.

But - I saved Snuffalupagus! I'm a HERO! Yea me!!!

________________________________________________________

4 comments:

lattégirl said...

Even as a child, I hated most of the characters on Sesame Street, except for Oscar and the Count.

Tinu said...

You are a hero, even if you only saved him in a dream. I love Snuffy! I'll be smiling about that childhood memory all day, haven't thought about it in years...

Unknown said...

Sesame Street rocks, lattegirl, that's all I can say - Sesame Street ROCKS!!

Well, and I love Oscar, but, as a child the Count got on my nerves, but, I like him now. Odd...

Aww, Tinu - thank you!! And I'm so glad I made you smile!!

David said...

I remember good old "Snuffalupagus" from about 35ish years ago. I enjoyed Bugs Bunny much better than Sesame Street and still do :-)