Thursday, June 21, 2007

800 miles from my computer

I must admit it was really hard to leave my computer! I cannot wait for the day I have a laptop and a travelling internet connection, whatever the heck you call those things! That will be a grand day indeed! I have hopped around here from computer to computer, trying to blog, keep up with email, keep up with my peeps and my Punkymoms - and it's been a bit hectic! I was a bit concerned, because I knew I would want to download a few things on my brother's machine so that I could work while we are here. He is actually still using IE, oh the horror! So of course, I wanted to download Firefox, which he should've done looong ago! And then, of course, you gotta get all the cool plugins for it. You just can't work without this stuff, people! And then I wanted to download the ChaCha search software so that I could continue my search guide job while here, as well. But I was concerned about how much IBM memory he had available, but, to my surprise, he said it was fine and that I could download whatever I needed! I was so excited!! So for the times that I've been at my brother's house, I have been able to continue to work. I have spent a lot of time at my mother's house, though, and her internet connection died a couple days after I got here - it was a very sad day!

1 comment:

lattégirl said...

I recently got Firefox, and I must say I like it. I know nothing about plug-ins, however. Maybe you can point me in the direction of a tutorial-for-idiots when you have the time.