Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Yolanda Denise King dies (at such a young age)

So sad, ya'll - Yolanda Denise King, daughter of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. died late Tuesday night of undetermined causes. The family suspects it was heart failure. She was only 51 years old.

So terribly sad. I just saw the famous church where her father preached his message of peace, hope, and above all, equality. If you will remember, Sammie and I traveled to Montgomery just a few weeks ago.

As we were touring the different important parts of the city and its history and government, we were circling around a lot going from place to place. So we were lucky enough to circle the church twice, the second time getting 'stuck' at a red light, so I could get some good pictures. I will try to post them later. Although, I need three pictures put together - like you would do a panoramic, except up and down. I'll try to get them on here so that you can see them decently.

I am so saddened by this.

Here is a link to the ABC News article:
Daughter of Martin Luther King Jr. Dies
_______________________________________

No comments: