Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Men and their toys!

Good heavens! I don't know if it is truly a male thing, because I have known some women with strong 'needs' for expensive toys and gadgets, and, truth be told - when it comes to computers, there is quite a bit I do want.

Anyway, right before we moved to Alabama, Mark got one of those big screen, flatscreen, weirdo TV's that the kids can't touch the screen or they'll wreck it, and if you turn it off, you have to wait 15 minutes to turn it back on - you know, one of those TV's? I don't know what the heck they're called.

So then we move out here, and we set up our 'living room' in the basement. We put the new, big TV in one corner, and the old, small TV in the other corner for the kids to use with the gaming systems.

And then we called the cable company and scheduled our setup day. And guess what? This new, fancy schmancy, way too expensive stupid TV - CAN'T HOOK UP TO THE CABLE!!!!!

I had to have them hook up the cable to the small TV! So now we have this big 'ol TV upon which we cannot watch TV!

How do you like them apples?! I can't even remember why the guy said it wouldn't work, and what exactly these new TV's are intended to be for, or to do, or whatever, but, I do know that he said that we could pick up some cable at WalMart - I think it was an HDMI cable, that we can use to hook the TV up to the cable box.

And me, being the precious, sweet wife that I am, surely did not throw this in my husband's face. Nope, not even once.

(Ok, like maybe ten times!)

No comments: