Wednesday, March 28, 2007

And sweet neighbors, too

Our new neighborhood is heavily populated with seniors, many of whom have been here since the 60's, when the houses were all built. (Well, besides John's - whose was built in the 1840's.) I really like communities like this because they have some heart to them, you know? The kind of 'revolving door neighborhoods' where people constantly come and go just don't have the same feel to them. In fact, some of these new neighbors eye us skeptically, being newcomers and all. Lucky and I encountered a man like that yesterday on our walk - but, most people are just as kind and welcoming as they can be!

And some of them are just adorable! A little while ago, I was in the kitchen, looking out the side window and two doors down, a sweet, older lady was going to get her mail. I think she must've gotten a new mailbox, because, I often see her going to get her mail, and have never been quite so amused by it before. You see, the lady is quite small, and thin, too - and she has one of those fancy-schmancy new hard plastic mailboxes. (I've been wanting one of those for a long time!) And what was so amusing about it was that the mailbox was bigger than her!!! It was so cute!!

I've never seen those mailboxes as overly gigantic, so it was really funny to see her dwarfed by it!

No comments: