Saturday, December 23, 2006

I had a blast in fourth grade!

On Wednesday! hehehe

I went to school to help my daughter's class with Christmas arts and crafts and we had so much fun!

I was there for the whole school day!

For the first half of the day, another mother and I, were helping the teachers with their craft sessions.

We broke the class up into three groups, two of whom stayed in the classroom with us to make the crafts. The third group went into another classroom with the the teacher to have their 'Christmas' with her. She had saved up all of the gifts the children had been bringing for her all week for this special time. They had hot apple cider and she opened her gifts they had brought her. And then she gave them each a gift. She bought pencils for each student with their names on them! I'll never cease to be amazed how much these teachers give and give and give to our kids - their hearts, their minds, and their pocketbooks! And with her, they also decorated cookies and then gobbled them all up right then!

The kids with us were making reindeer bags to hold all of their goodies in and little wooden ornaments. There was paper, glue, glitter, glitter glue, paint pens - the whole shebang! And it was everywhere! Totally messy, crafty fun!!! I love it!

One of the boys made his reindeer one-eyed and one of the boys made his three-eyed! Silly boys! It was really funny!

Once the children had gone to all three stations, it was time to go to lunch. As it was a special day, the teacher let the children sit outside at the little garden area to eat. It was a lovely little holiday picnic! I sat at a table with six sweet girlies, one of whom leaned on me the whole lunch period - it was so cute and sweet!

After lunch, we went back to the classroom for the 'party' - the whole day seemed like a party to me! LOL! Anyway, the children had brought all kinds of goodies! The teacher had issued a good bit of control, in dictating who would bring what...so they didn't have all cookies and candies!

There were crackers, chips, popcorn and even vegetables! And the vegetables were actually gobbled up!

And the sweet little girl who leaned on me during lunch, made me a card - so nice!

It was a lovely day and I'm glad I finally got to know her class better! I usually know them quite well a few weeks into the school year, but, this year I've been so busy on the computer, that I really haven't gone up there much at all. So it was nice to feel like a 'room mom' again!

No comments: