Monday, April 30, 2007

Stone Hawk Rehab

I was just reading a very uplifting and hope-filled post on the Stone Hawk blog by a guy named Todd. He talks about how his life has done a complete turn-around since going through their treatment program. He doesn't say how old he is, but, he does say that he feels as good as, or better than, when he was 17 years old and running track. He more than once references that he is recovering not just physically, but, also spiritually and mentally. I'm so happy for him. It's really awesome to see people come from where we alcoholics and drug addicts come from (not good places) to a place of freedom and happiness like that!

The Stone Hawk drug rehab center looks like a really nice facility and they boast a 76% success rate. Their name is representative of Native American tradition and values. I can really appreciate that, as I have great respect for the Native American tradition. I love the values that were taught to my children by their father in the YMCA Indian Guide and Princess program.

There are many different methods people employ to get sober and clean, and although I cannot pretend to know or understand them all, I can certainly appreciate a program that helps people experience the freedom of living without addiction.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good post, Miss Lisa!
I wrote a couple of posts on addiction a few days ago.

Unknown said...

Thank you, Cass! :)