Friday, March 09, 2007

I can't wait to garden!

I've just been getting my hands dirty and it feels so great! It is so amazing to me how messing around with dirt makes me feel sooooooooooooooooooooo much better!

I have a lovely officemate, he looks just like this:
My wonderful PEACE LILY that my precious sister-in-law, who happens to be my best friend, and the coolest chic ever, got me on the day my precious Rosco passed to his next adventure.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Isn't he precious? Poor baby - he was so miserable in the end...

Anyway, I am getting way off the subject at hand, here. So my sweet Peace Lily has had a dirt issue, not sure how it happened - but, he doesn't have enough dirt - it was eerily low. And I had been promising him all week that I would go take some of the good dirt from one of my pots outside and fill him back up. Here it is Friday..... lol

So I went out to my gardening supplies, and just being out there with my tools, and digging in the dirt was so awesome - it reawakens something in me.

I brought him some dirt - filled him up good, gave him some more water - and he is doing great!

He usually looks so good, people think he is plastic - hehehe I'll get him back there in no time. The move has been hard on all of us, plants included. LOL

And now it's time to think about gardening at my new home - where will I do it? Our lot is freaking HUGE!!!! Seriously! It's crazy.

If I do a 'real' garden - last year I gardened in pots because of the move - I will have to have Mark build the structure, and we will have to buy gobs of dirt. And I need to get started pretty soon here, and I think 'pretty soon here' - we won't have the money for all of that.

Not to mention, we are in need of a COMPLETE landscaping overhaul, and I shudder to think that I would have this beautiful, flourishing garden, and Mark and his uncle decide to do the landscaping and .... *eeks* I can't even 'say' it!

So, I think, perhaps, we'll go with pots again - which really seems a shame, given that I am living on the largest piece of property I've ever lived on!

My mother sent me a bunch of flower bulbs (yea!!) and I know I at least want to do tomatoes and cucumbers - I'm getting really good at those two...hehe

So, anyway, it's time to start thinking about all of that again, and time to start getting dirt up under all my fingernails again - and I'm just excited about it!

So I rambled on and on....

Green Thumb


No comments: