Thursday, February 15, 2007

Momma saves the day!

That would be my momma, not me! Yesterday when I finished crying, got myself all calmed down and ready to get the kids up and ready for school (and give them their Valentine's presents) I realized that my dad would not be showing up sometime after school with presents for the kids from him and my mother. Unless he was traveling 700 miles to deliver Valentine's goodies. I suppose it could happen.

My mom has always loved to buy stuff for the kiddos for Valentine's Day and it's just really sweet and it is just one of our traditions that has evolved over the years. And it was certainly not the gifts that I was worried about - it was the whole sweetness of it all.

Ut oh - gonna make myself cry again.

Ok, so anyway, I got kind of sad about it in the morning, but, I sucked it up, took a deep breath, and woke the kids up. We exchanged Valentine's - they had gotten me some really sweet stuff.

And then they went off to school. And I came to the computer - to what? Let's all say it together...."to blog!" Of course. So I'm working through my day, trying to just muddle on through, when ....there's a knock on the door.

I glance out the window - and there's a DHL van outside - a delivery? Oh shit. Did I order something and forget about it? Damn. Did Mark spend more money? (LOL)

I go to the door and pick up the box - and it is addressed to my monsters, and is from the mail box business that my mom and SIL go to.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW...... times a million!

Her Valentine's did come to the kids - just with the DHL guy instead of Daddy! I'd rather have Daddy, but, awwwwwwwwwww....

I almost started crying all over again! My mom freaking ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I put it on the table and left it for the kids to open, I figured it was all wrapped up in bags and stuff, but, it is so much fun to open your own box, you know?

No comments: