Friday, February 02, 2007

Home office furniture

I could definitely use some new home office furniture! You would laugh if you knew what I'm using for a desk! In fact, I don't even know what it is! Obviously, I do know that the surface is this really thick sheet of glass, but the bottom? Honestly - I couldn't tell you - was it a desk in another life? Was it a table? I haven't a clue.

When I started dating my husband, many moons ago, it was in the corner of his bedroom. I think he had a TV on it.

And he has, actually, tried to get rid of it - I wouldn't let him. I have grown attached to this monstrosity. Well - really, the replacement he was going to give me was a cheesy little computer desk. I hate those things. There's no place for your stuff! I need a big surface area. What if you want to write a letter or something? Computer desks leave room for the monitor, the keyboard, the mouse, and if you're lucky - your coffee cup! And that is it!

I just saw some really, really beautiful home office desks!! They were so gorgeous - and big and roomy!! I would so love to get one of those! With the bookshelves, and extras to go along with it!

Oh, those dark, rich, gorgeous maples! Great Priced Furniture is in North Carolina - within a 200 mile radius of where most of the furniture in the United States is made.

What I wouldn't give for one of those gorgeous home office sets!!

4 comments:

Marcus said...

now where do I get a cool Hippie Spelunker coffee mug

Anonymous said...

You know what I'd love? A office desk made of bamboo. Then I could dress up and pretend I was a kaola.

Happy Days!

Anonymous said...

I read your article. Very good information.

Unknown said...

Marcus - you can look in my sidebar for the link to the store where my cup came from!

Cynic - Bamboo desk...pretending to be a koala...sounds fun!

Kokkada - Thank you!