Friday, January 12, 2007

What's happening in Dallas?

What am I missing? I need a Dallas fix!

Although it is not bursting at the seams with natural, 'geographic' beauty, Dallas will always hold a very special place in my heart. It will always be 'my home'.

I have been alive (outside the womb, that is....I'm a mom now myself, and once you enter that phase, you think that way) for 36 years and 8 months. I lived in Dallas for 35 years and 4 months.

Wow. That right there is a big chunk of my life. I would venture to say .. that is my life.

And people can carry on with "oh, it's so boring...it's so flat...." la dee dah

Dallas has a lot to damn offer!

I was born in Colorado, much of my family still lives there. Now I live in Alabama, in the foothills of the Appalachian mountains.

I know geographically rich country. But I still love Dallas. And you know what - it is a rockin' cool place!

What about the Majestic Theater downtown? My cousin took her mom there last night - that is a fabulous theater!

What about the very academically prestigious universities - like SMU - Southern Methodist and UTD - University of Texas at Dallas? I tell you what - you have got some serious brainiacs coming out of UTD!

And what about the Dallas Bed And Breakfast - that place is gorgeous! A very nice place to stay! And close to all kinds of great things to do, as well!

I'm telling you, I know there are no mountains, and no rolling hills, and no pine trees - but dagnabbit - I still miss Dallas!

No comments: