Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Now I've got enlightenment! RockStartup.com

Ok, this is so very cool! Have you ever wondered what goes on behind the scenes of a start-up company?

Have you ever wanted to watch one grow - from the inside?

It's kind of like my obsession with construction...usually you just see a building or a house where there once was none. But occasionally, you get to watch the patch of dirt turn into a concrete slab, and then watch it turn into the frame of a house/building, and then watch the rest of the whole process....ok, I admit, I'm not sure which layer comes next. I guess I'm not the only one with this peculiar obsession because look at the amazing explosion of builder shows in the last ten years. But I want to know more, I'd love to hang out AT the jobsite, and really watch it happen. My husband once built an entire house on top of some rich lady's house. Really - it had 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, full kitchen, the whole shebang! The kids were really little then, so I was busy at home with them, but, if he should take on a job like that again - I would love to go be a grunt -that's an unskilled helper, in construction lingo- just so I could watch it all happen! It is just so cool!

Ok, I got off on a tangent - but, what I am trying to say is that I also think it would be so cool to get to watch a new company through all of its stages. The trials and tribulations, the blooming, the blossoming, the headaches, the heartaches, the ins and the outs. There are so many little details that the outsider just has no clue about.

Well, not anymore. Ted Murphy and the wonderful gang at PayPerPost.com are rockin' it out for all to see on RockStartup.com

It is the web reality show all about the blood, sweat, and tears that goes into running PayPerPost.com every day.

The first two main episodes are live and on the site - and they really opened my eyes and let me witness some of the oohs, aahs, and ouches that transpire upon starting a business.

But - there are also the confessional videos of all of the rockstars, the people involved with making PayPerPost.com happen! Now that part gets interesting! And even personal, in some! How often does that happen for you? A big major start up company - and you're getting personal confessions from the people involved? Very cool. And personal. ;)

And then I got to submit my email address for update notifications of new episodes. So if my addled mommy brain forgets to wander back there, it's ok! They'll let me know!

This is all just so exciting to me! It really reminds me of my mom and my uncle starting their video game company in the early 80's - that was cool, for sure - and we were involved. We even got to submit game ideas, if we'd 'unlazy' ourselves enough to write them down, as all the kids were screaming, "Oh! What about this idea? What about that idea?" ... and Mom and Uncle Pat were getting pretty sick of that!

But - I was a kid back then, and there were quite a few details that just went right over my head.

But Ted and Brit being at the convention really reminded me of our having an 'Apollo Video Games' booth at the state fair.

And yeah, we always had lots of loot to give out. And there was even a commercial - and an interview with Leeza Gibbons - she's purdy!

So in a way, I'm getting to relive some of that old stuff - great memories - and also, I'm getting to see it through a grown-up's eyes.

"You callin' me a grown-up?!"

No comments: