Thursday, September 20, 2007

There is no crying in BASEBALL!

That is one of my very favorite lines from a movie! And I just absolutely loved that movie! You know, A League of Their Own.

And, furthermore, I will have you know that I am not, at this time, or any time, crying.

I'm not. I mean it. I'm really not.

I did not spend thirty minutes bawling today when no one was home, either.

I have not had my sons' approaching birthday weighing heavily on my heart. I surely didn't spend one minute thinking about the fact that on Saturday they turn THIRTEEN and FOURTEEN. Yes, my uterus and I have good timing - can we move beyond that? I really just want you to know that I am not a big, sappy seersucker.

I know, I know - seersucker is a material, but, I like the sound of it, okay?

Today's beautiful, sunny, cool weather was not at all reminiscent of any days after I'd given birth - to anyone. Nope. Not anyone.

I did not feel that same cozy, happy, contented feeling again and then realize how utterly and completely it reminded me of sweet, cozy days at home with a newborn. Or days at home with a newborn and a one year old. Nope - totally didn't remind me of that - not at all.

I surely didn't think of my sons today as they were as infants and toddlers and how completely adorable and cute they were, and then after that, I surely didn't stop to think of how they're voices are changing, hair is growing in places it didn't used to, and adams apples are making their manly appearances.

And I surely, most assuredly did not wonder if I'd have to be medicated just to attend my sons' high school graduations, and I most definitely didn't think that I probably would be incapable of attending their college graduations.

What? What's that you say? W... We... Wed... Wedd....

>KERPLUNK!<

*head slams into keyboard*

*poor, sweet blogger-mama passes out*
Post a Comment