Tuesday, November 21, 2006

A treat for Mom!



Yum! Yum! Yum!

Breakfast at McDonald's - alone! While the kids are at school!

Could there be anything better?

I love getting to go places and do things alone - all by myself - it is such a rare treat.

Taking a trip to McDonald's when the kids are around - unless you're all just getting $1 ice cream, which is sometimes fun, you can count on spending at least $20-$25 and putting up with a lot of BS along the way. Someone isn't sure what they want. Someone wants to eat outside. Someone didn't get their ketchup. Someone got onions on their burger and they will absolutely, positively die if they have to eat it like that. You get the picture.

So on a quiet weekday morning, sitting and peacefully eating my #3 is a lovely treat for this tired mom. It's the housewife and old people hour. I just love it.

This is a college town here in Alabama, so often there are others besides housewives and old people, but, we make up the majority at that time. And it is a lovely crowd to be amongst.

It is my private, sneaky (I always try to hide the evidence, lest I hear cries of "MOM! You went to McDonald's WITHOUT ME!") self-nurturing getaway time!

Not the healthiest thing I could do for myself physically, but mentally - oh yeah! I'm all there on that one, babe!

No comments: