Monday, August 13, 2007

I miss my wedding rings

I haven't been able to wear them because they don't fit since I've gained weight. I hate that. My rings are so pretty. They have been through several renovations. First we had just the wedding bands, back in our 'poverty days'.Winking 2 Then we got married, and for several months, Mark saved up to buy me my engagement ring. Yeah, we're big fans of doing things backwards around here! We could have had the engagement ring sooner, because, I had picked one out that was half a carat and was only around $300, but, Mark would have none of it. That was way too poor quality of a diamond. It looked pretty to me, but, what do I know? So he went shopping for diamond rings on his own, in secret. It was really sweet - on our one year anniversary, and also my birthday, and also my first official Mother's Day - which all fell within two weeks of each other - he presented me with my beautiful diamond ring. It's very pretty and it was very sweet the way he did it and I miss wearing it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not wearing my rings these days either. Another reason why I am trying to lose weight. I always feel a little funny when i am out and about without them, but it is so difficult to put them on now.

Unknown said...

Oh, I just miss mine because they are so darn pretty!!! I went and redid them a few years after we were married and they're gorgeous!!

I don't feel funny, because, I don't know - I think I just don't put as much stock into the physical symbolism of them. Or maybe because I'm just evil! ;)

Anonymous said...

Try a diuretic to see if that helps. I started a new blood pressure medication last spring, and my wedding band, which had always fit loosely, became tight. My doctor put me on a diuretic, and I haven't had the problem since. There are quite a few natural diuretics you can try for a week to see if it makes any difference.

Unknown said...

You know, you just might have something there - because, my ankles are almost always swollen nowadays!

Thanks so much for the tip!

Off to research....