Sunday, July 22, 2007

I hope you realize you're wrong...

....because if you're a mom, that's what you've signed up for! Yep, it's true!

I spend most of my days being wrong. Wrong to someone. I either just get things fixed with one kid, or just about get things fixed with one kid - and I'm wrong to another. Just wrong.

People are always saying that men should just wake up in the morning and say, "I'm sorry", first thing, because, they are going to, without a doubt, be 'wrong' throughout the day. Well, I've got news for you. If you have pre-pubescent and pubescent children about, mom - you're 'wrong', too!

I am sure the long, lazy, do-nothing days of summer don't really help things out much. (I do remain, however, a strong supporter of hardcore downtime for kids. That is when my friends and I got the most creative and shared some of our best times together.)

It has actually gotten to the point where I'm just in acceptance, unfeeling acceptance, "Oh, I'm wrong? Ok, cool. Now carry on, you rotten children, I've much work to do."

Of course, that's just today. Tomorrow I may have long bouts of crying to report, or half a bald head, from pulling my own hair out.

But tonight - eh, ok, I can be wrong. No biggie.

No comments: