Thursday, February 22, 2007

Granny wants me to be a school bus driver?!

No way! Not on your life!

Granny had brought up the topic to me recently that maybe I should go apply to be a school bus driver, as she had read in the paper or heard on the news that they were hiring.

She thought that would be such a good fit for me because I love kids so much. I do love kids. But driving a horde of them around in a big ass bus scares me to death!!!

I get nervous enough when the minivan is packed and they start acting up. Gives me heebie-jeebies just thinking about it!

And after seeing our recent local news, I feel all the more justified in my decision!

A policeman was directing traffic at one of the local high schools and was accidentally run over by one of the buses and died!!!! Oh my God! How utterly and completely awful!

The bus driver apparently had some kind of medical condition that caused him to lose control of the bus. Not sure how he was given the job, with those circumstances, but, that's a whole 'nother post...

The point is, this is awful all around. Of course, it's awful for the policeman's family who will, I'm sure, miss him dearly, and were not ready to see him go.

And there were kids on the bus! That is so sad for these kids, especially sensitive ones, who could be affected by this for a long time.

And, of course, the poor bus driver, has to live with this the rest of his/her life. Not good.

So - bus driver? No thank you. But, Granny - if you see a preschool teacher spot open up - I'm all there! ;)

No comments: